Atheism Saved My Life Yesterday

My dogs don’t think about Heaven or Hell.

I didn’t either, until recently.

I have long been an atheist.

Not someone who knows there is no God.

I don’t know.

I am an atheist who finds insufficient evidence to believe there is a God.

In the same way I don’t find evidence that My Little Pony is real.

Many a non-believer, including me, would like to be wrong on this issue.

Fade to black after struggling a lifetime without success to find meaning in this experience

Is, well, unfulfilling.

But, if I was certain there was a God and a heaven

Yesterday

And the recently deceased love of my life was there

Waiting

And that a short pull of a trigger would put us together again

BLAM!

So I guess I have atheism to thank for living a little longer

For this madhouse

Not knowing what comes next

In this fog of eventuality.

Or maybe a Jehovah Witness will stop by when I’m naked and drunk

And talk me into believing.

BLAM!

A more likely result is I will keep plodding

When all seems

Truly helpless

Meaningless

Heavenless

But not being sure.

Subscribe here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Way Back To Eden

Fifteen Months, Fifteen Days

On Being A Loner

Rules For White Boys Dating Latinas

I did nothing today

An Obituary For The Only Woman I Ever Truly Loved

I Love Her…

Merry Christmas From The “Greatest Nation”

So, What Was So Special About Her?